HEALTH CARE TOWN HALL
TOPIC: Medicaid-Medicare and Our Failing Healthcare System: How this affects patients, hospitals, and providers
WHEN: Saturday, January 13, 2024. 7 -8:30 PM
WHERE: Corvallis-Benton County Public Library. (Enter from Monroe Ave)
To participate online, register here
MODERATOR: Karen Christianson, Past President of Mid-Valley Health Care Advocates (MVHCA)
- Doug Boysen – President and CEO of Samaritan Health Services (SHS) since 2018 SHS operates hospitals in Corvallis, Albany, Lebanon, Newport, and Lincoln City and provides other health services throughout Benton, Linn, and Lincoln Counties. Mr. Boysen will report on the many challenges that hospitals face and how we can protect our community hospitals.
- Angel Harris – Registered nurse, former Linn-Benton NAACP President. Ms. Harris currently works as a racial equity consultant and as adjunct nursing faculty at Bushnell University where she teaches Population Health/Community Health Nursing. Ms. Harris will address how our healthcare system adversely affects all members of our community, especially people of color. She will offer solutions for discussion.
- Bruce Thomson MD – Retired Family Practice Doctor and Benton County Public Health Officer Dr. Thomson has been a long-time activist for health and social justice. He served as chair of the Mid-Valley Health Care Advocates Legislative Committee 2018-2020. Dr. Thomson will address how our healthcare system adversely affects providers and will offer solutions for discussion.
- Mid-Valley Health Care Associates
- Health Care for ALL Oregon
- Linn Benton NAACP
- Linn Benton Lincoln Health Equity Alliance
- League of Women Voters of Corvallis